Sunday, February 19, 2012

About Time...

Hello. 

I've said many times before that I would start a blog and faithfully chronicle my thoughts and experiences (and in doing so somehow grabbing the attention of others). I have abandoned a blog or two after realizing that I have little I want to write about. I don't wish to write about what I experience during the day. Often, my work follows me everywhere I go and I have no intention of making this blog an extension of that. Whenever anyone asks me what I do, they have an immediate and often vocal response. They then proceed to what to either give me their opinion or bombard me with questions. I hardly can escape it. Even this year on Christmas, my job was in the forefront of conversations. Amidst friends, the conversation often centers around the happenings of my work. Now, I will admit, that more often than not, I am the one that needs to talk about it-- to find comfort in the words of my friends. But with that comes a great frustration that I am letting this define me. I simply cannot separate what I do from when I am at home. I am far too involved in my job for me to separate who I am from what I do. This makes me very good at my job. But this also leaves me stressed and often exhausted by the end of the day. 

So.... what does define me? Through this blog, I'm going to explore that. Yes, my job does define part of me. However, it is not the most important nor should it ever be and it shouldn't be the majority of what defines me. Through this blog, I'm going to force myself to find that separation. 

The title of this blog is coffee, thoughts, and wine. If any of you know me, you know that I love coffee (I should probably figure out how to attach an IV of coffee to me at some point in my life) and wine. I'm in now way an expert in either, I simply love the taste of both. My husband has definitely realized my love of both over this past year. We are soon coming up on our one year anniversary. I cannot believe that we have come to one year already. Time travels so fast. My hope is that this blog follows us through the beginning stages of our married life and when the little ones come. I hope that this blog sees my journey to understand myself. A small naive part of me thought that when I got married, I would know who I was. However, as two become one, a rebalancing happens. And I'm not sure that you ever completely know yourself or how you define yourself.

So stayed tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment